Feb 9, 2016

Eggless Fudgy Brownies

Brownies..! I first tasted these beauties at cafe-coffee-day in India. They were served with scoop of ice-cream on top.. Yummm was the feeling when I'd eat that.. This was more than a decade ago and i had zero knowledge/experience of baking back then (I had never imagined I'd be able to re-create it in my own kitchen!!) But here I am, experimenting and trying to create recipes that are simple to make but delicious to eat! I get lazy when I read about cumbersome procedures and I try to simplify the process for my myself and my readers! :)

So presenting this eggless fudgy brownie recipe which is easy to put together and with valentine's day around the corner, do give this a try! My family & I loved this and I'm sure you and your family (or that special someone ;).. would too!


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 2/3 cup All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
  • 11/2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/8 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Instant Coffee Powder (I used Bru)
  • 2 tbsp Warm Water

Method:

  • Pre-heat the oven to 350F; line an 8x8 square pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Make sure the foil extends beyond the sides of the pan, this will ensure easy removal of the brownie.
  • Mix instant coffee in warm water and set it aside. 
  • Mix all purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda and set it aside. Make sure you sift the cocoa powder if it has lumps before mixing in. 
  • In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer or a wire whisk, beat sugar and butter until nicely combined.
  • Add yogurt and beat again.
  • Add instant coffee mixture and vanilla extract and beat again.
  • Now mix all the dry ingredients and beat until incorporated.
  • Melt chocolate over double boiler and let it cool down a bit. Combine it with the mixture and pour it in the pan and even it out using the back of a spoon or a small angled spatula.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Wet crumbs lingering onto the toothpick is ok but there shouldn't be any wet batter.
  • Let it cool down and dig right into it!!

Serving Suggestion:

  • Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce on top
  • You can also omit the ice cream and just drizzle chocolate sauce over it...
  • You can also add toasted cashew nuts (or any other nuts of your choice) as a topping on either of the options above! Possibilities are endless...

No comments:

Post a Comment